Indian Geography (MCQs)
1. Watch List-I (minerals) with list-II (Producing Areas) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
(i) Manganese 1. Bilaspur
(II). Bauxite 2. Hazaribagh
(III) Coal 3. Balaghat
(iv). Mica 4. Dhanbad
A B C D
(a). 3 1 4 2
(b). 3 1 2 4
(c ). 1 3 2 4
(d). 1 3 4 2
- Next to Hindi the largest linguistic unit in India is.
(c ). Marathi
- Which one of the following was recently declared as “ Biosphere reserve” by the Ministry of Environment and Forests ?
(c ). Manas
- Which one of the following statements is NOT correct ?
(a). a metamorphic rock is softer and less compact than its original type
(b). sedimentary rocks are distinguished from other types of rocks by the process of distinct layers
(c). Black cotton soil of north-west India was formed by the weathering of basaltic lava rocks
(d). Granite has large crystals of quartz feldspar and mica in it
- An LPG pipeline, the longest of its kind in the world dedicated to the nation recently by the Prime Minister was between
(a). Dibrugarh and Loni
(b). Dibrugarh and Visakhapatham
(c ). Jamnagar and Loin
(d). Jamnagar and Visakhapatnam
- Which of the following towns is located eastern most ?
(c ). Ranchi
- Which among the following is the smallest State area- wise?
(c ). Manipur
- Location of Delhi approximately closest to which one of the following?
(a). 220 N and 700E
(b). 280n and 700E
(c ). 250and 750E
- Where is the Indian Railways factory-Diesel component works (DCW) located ?
(c ). Kanpurthala
- consider the following Towns/ cities:
At which of the places given above are oil refineries located?
(a). I and II
(b). I , II and iv
(c ). I,III and iv
(d). I,II,III and iv
- (c )