Indian History & Culture (MCQs)
- Which among the following is not regarded a successful achievement of Peswa Balaji Viswanth?
(a ). Improved the finance of state
(b). accepted a treaty with the Mughuls in 1719 A.D
(c ). Helped in consolidating the position of shahu in Maharashtra.
(d). brought most of the Maratha chiefs under the banner of shahu
- ‘Group rivalry at the court of Later Mughuls was also responsible for the downfall of the Mughul empire’ Which among the following the following, did not form a group at the court?
(a). the Rajputs
(b). the foreign Muslims
(c ). The Indian Muslims
- Which among the following, was the result of the first Anglo Mysour War?
(a). Haider Ali was forced to part with some of his territory
(b). the English where forced to surrender some territory in Karnataka to Haider Ali
(c ). No party gained or lost anything.
- Who among the following gained some territory after the second Anglo-Mysore War?
(a). The English
(b). The Marathas
(c ). The Nizam
- Which among the following was the cause of the third Anglo-Mysore war ?
(a). Tipu battacked the Madras
(b). Tipu attacked the Raja of Travancore
(c ). Tipu attacked Karnataka
(d). Tipu started war against Nizam
- (c )