Indian Polity (MCQs)
- Consider the following statements with reference to Union Government.
(i). The tenure of Chairman/ Members of Union Public Service Commission is for six years or till they attain the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
(ii). The tenure of Chairman/ Managers of staff Selection Commission is for five years or till they attain age of 52 years. Whichever is earlier.
Which of these statements is/ are correct?
(a). i only
(b). ii only
(c ). Both i and ii
(d). neither i Nor ii
- As per the Constitution of India, how many members can be nominated to the Rajya Sabha by the President of India ?
(c ). 14
- Who of the following is the chairman of the National Water Resources Council ?
(a). The Prime Minister of India
(b). The Union Minister of Earth Science
(c ). The Union Ministers of Agriculture
(d). The Union Ministers of Water Resources
- The Parliament of India consists of
(a). The Lok Sabha The Raj Sabha only
(b). The Lok Sabha, the Rajya Sabha and the office of the President of India only
(c ). The Lok Sabha. The Rajya Sabha the office of the President of India and the office of the Prime Minister of India
(d). The Lok Sabha the Raj sabha and the office of the Prime Minister of India only
- Financial distribution between the Union and the States takes place on the basis of the recommendations of the .
(a). National Development Council
(b). Planning Commission
(c ). Inter- State Council
(d). Finance Commission
- (c )
- ( a)