Supply the Missing Words
- The Buddha did not preach through ……. scriptures but only through sermons and discussions.
- It was in the Fourth Buddhist Council held under the patronage of Kanishka that Buddhism got ……. into Mahayana and Hinayana.
- With the rise of Mahayana school of Buddhism, it started acquiring the …….. of the brahmanical religion against which it had protested in the beginning.
- Jainism, that believes in the results of karma, …… emphasis on good conduct and morality and preaches ahimsa, truthfulness and austerity.
- Though certain features were common to both Jainism and Buddhism, they differed in …… ways.
- The successors of Ashoka were week and could not ……. together the empire.
- The Mauryan Dynasty came to an end in about 180-81 B.C. after its last king was …….. by a Brahman called Pushyamitra Sunga.
- Some scholars of repute are of the opinion that the brahmanical reaction and the economic consequences of Ashoka’s policies may have …….. to the downfall of Mauryan Empire.
- One of the most important ……… of Ashoka’s reign was his war with kalinga.
- Bindusara was a …….. and he maintained trade and cultural contacts with the Greeks.